Saturday, January 21, 2012

Gluten Free Oreo Cheesecake

My mother-in-law gave me a rectangular silicone cake mould for Christmas, which I originally thought was to replace my current Teflon bread tins that I use (and complain about) to make my own GF bread.


But then we thought we were geniuses for deciding to use it for a GF Oreo cheesecake (We've since discovered that it was designed for cheesecakes...).

We used this recipe and just switched the Oreos for a gluten free variety (K-Toos) and it was a HUGE SUCCESS!!!



The only hitch was that we had to keep it in the oven for about an hour because we were using a rectangular pan, not the standard shallow 9" springform they suggest.


 And seeing as it's loaf-shaped, it was super easy to store in the fridge (circular cheesecakes take up so much room!!!) and cutting off a slice was a cinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment