Saturday, December 10, 2011

Secretary Desk Turned Craft Desk

One of my favourite pieces of furniture is my refinished secretary desk. We bought it on Kijiji for $70 after I fell in love with it and begged hubby to let me keep it. He was less than thrilled at first, possibly because we had to drive to Calgary for it and we had great difficulty fitting it in our old car... but then he sanded it and painted it for me and now he's satisfied and I am OVER THE MOON!!!



 Ta-da!

 I have since filled the top shelves with craft supplies, all housed in re-purposed coffee cans (wrapped in pretty wrapping paper), mason jars and other pretty things. The inside of the desk is a right mess, so it will have to wait a bit.
The swirly details remind me of the closet from Beauty and the Beast. Love. It. 

No comments:

Post a Comment